Saturday 28 December 2013

Gingerbread House

(Completely forgot to upload this post! but better late than never ;)
 
During the festive season, there are a lot of things I love to do to make me feel Christmassy!
 
One of them, is to make a gingerbread house from scratch. (It always ends up messy, but making it stand up on it's own this year was a first!)
  
 
 

I start off by making the gingerbread, which I do by using the same recipe as I did for my Halloween Biscuits.When it comes to shaping the dough, I roll it out pretty thin - about 5mm , and use a template from the internet. This Year I Used one from the Tesco Website, which you can find here. I then baked all the sides of the house in the oven for about 20 minutes at 190°. After they had cooled, I decorated them with chocolate buttons and little coloured sweets (which ended up falling off the door of the house, as I managed to drop it on the floor :( ), and I then stuck them together with icing.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment