Wednesday 25 September 2013

An Autumn Weekend Walk

It seems so strange that September is already here. Like most people, I can't believe how fast this year is going, but i'm glad it's autumn.
 
All through summer, I can't help but wish it would stay warm and sunny for ever (not that we get that much sunny weather in England), but as soon as Autumn hits, I realise just how much I like it. Big Jumpers, warm fires, duvet days, and delicious smelling candles, are some of the things that make me love autumn so much. 
 
 
 
Me and my sister have wanted to go blackberry picking since summer hit, and last weekend seemed like the perfect oppurtunity. It was wellie weather again (which excited me), so we headed off for the fields with our wellies, bags for the berries and of course, our doggie.
 
I feel so lucky living so close to the countryside. It's so peaceful and is perfect, if like me, you love spending time outside.
 
We walked for a couple of hours, talking, picking blackberries (even the dog joined in on that) and just enjoying being outside. Even though England isn't too warm at the best of times, It was such a nice temperature, and was good to get a breath of fresh air.
 
I definitely want to make more time to escape to the fields. The countryside is so beautiful at this time of year, and even if you have noone to brave the outside with you, listening to music whilst you walk can be so relaxing and even quite therapeutic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment