Monday 30 September 2013

September Favourites

When I decided I wanted to do a post about my favourites for September, I thought I would be writing about beauty products. But as I went to write them down, I struggled. I realised that there haven't been many beauty related products I have really been LOVING this month, So I decided to include some random favourites too!
 
Beauty 
Bourjous Colour Boost - Peach On the Beach 
I have worn this constantly through September and absolutely love it! The colour is so pigmented and goes on really nicely, giving a slight gloss to the lips. Although I see coral as more of a summer colour, I will definitely still be wearing this through the Autumn months.
 
  Bourjous Bronzing Powder
 This is one of the best bronzers I've tried! Since my tan had already mostly faded by September, this was a great way of bronzing up my skin.
 
 Hair 
 Herbal Essences - Bee Strong Range
 This has been my saviour through September and all of summer. The sun, as well as using hair straightners so often, really dryed out and damaged my hair. These products put the moisture back in, and made it look and feel a lot stronger and healthier.


Food
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits - Crunchy oats
For some weird reason, I've never liked any type of cereal, so I find it really difficult finding things to eat for breakfast. This month, my Mum picked up some of these breakfast biscuits, and I have eaten them most days since. I even sometimes put them with fruit and yoghurt, just to make me feel like I'm being healthy haha.
Chocolate Brownie's with Cookie Dough
A few weeks ago, I saw a picture on tumblr of Chocolate brownies with cookie dough on top, and thought, I want that! So I took my favourite brownie recipe, and my favourite cookie recipe, and boom! This is now one of my favourite things ever. (I forgot to take a photo, so I'll put some up soon, along with the recipe!)


Songs
This month I have been listening to two songs on repeat. The first is a song called Great Escape, by an amazing singer, Mike Dignam, who i discovered on Youtube. This song was perfect for summer, and I have listened to it most mornings getting ready. You can listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhpMXYKemE
The second, is the song Wings, By Birdy. She has such an amazing voice, and It's one of those songs were I feel like the lyrics were written for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBKfy0FwUC8

Fairy Lights



Since it's now autumn/ Fall, I wanted to add a new touch to my room, to make it feel more cosy. I recently brought these fairy lights, from Amazon, and absolutely love them! They are so simple (and were fairly cheap too!) but they instantly make the room feel more cute and festive!

If you have written a post on your monthly favourites, be sure to leave a link in the comments, and I'll go and check it out!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment